I don’t live or want to work in Texas. Why should I take a Texas licensing course?

Reciprocity is the arrangement whereby a state will recognize the validity of another state’s license and issue their own license accordingly. This means that insurance adjusters holding a license in one state, generally as a resident, will be able to obtain other states’ licenses without having to take those states’ exams or equivalent coursework. All that is required is that an application be properly submitted. For example, over 30 states recognize the validity of the Texas Adjuster License including Mississippi and Alabama.

If you hold your Texas license you can merely submit your application to those states’ – no testing or coursework required.
This does not mean that you are automatically licensed – it does mean that your are qualified for licensing without any additional training or testing.

Thus an adjuster that is licensed with Texas is now qualified to apply for and receive licensing in the following states WITHOUT any additional training or testing.

The following states have reciprocity with Texas; Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

The following states do not currently require adjuster licensing but training or a license helps in finding employment; Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wisconsin.

 - Lane Johnson

     Adjuster Training Academy


Comments { 0 }